One day I decided I wanted to make something that looked really good.
I found the idea on this post over at rufflesandstuff. It is so simple to make, but it looks super effective so I wanted to try it for myself. I went to a local charity book shop and looked for the prettiest book I could find. I ended up with The Silmarillion by Tolkien. I felt quite bad about that, but it had such a beautiful cover.
I followed the instructions on the post. The only thing I would change is to make the hole in the cover after fitting the mechanism in. I found I was a little bit out so I had to extend the hole.
But it looks brilliant. I’m so happy with the result.
Though I now need to figure out what to do with these: